PLANT TISSUE CULTURE
USEFUL FOR B.SC., M.Sc, GATE, DBBT, & CSIR NET LIFE SCEINCES EXAM
- Plant tissue culture: – History, Laboratory organization, Sterilization methods, Media preparation, Plant Growth Regulators,
- Micro propagation, Callus culture, Cell Culture, Protoplast Culture and Fusion, Organogenesis and Somatic embryogenesis.
- Application of tissue culture for crop improvement in agriculture, horticulture and forestry. Seed storage proteins, ,
- Methods for Plant Conservation, Haploid production: – Anther, Pollen, Embryo and ovule culture and their applications. Somaclonal variations.
- Secondary metabolite: Basic biosynthetic pathways, Techniques used in biosynthesis. Use of isotopes. Role of Sec. Metabolites:
- Defense, Communication in insets, plants, animals, Chemical Ecology, Interaction between organism using secondary metabolites,
- Production of bio active secondary metabolites by plant tissue culture.
- Plant genome organization, Organization and expression of chloroplast genome and mitochondrial genome, Cytoplasmic male sterility. Intergenomic interaction,
- Agrobacterium and crown gall tumors: – Ti plasmid & Ri Plasmid vectors. Mechanism of T-DNA transfer to plants, Agro infection. Plant viral vectors.
- Direct transformation of plants by physical methods.
- Genetic engineering in plants:-Selectable markers,
- Reporter genes and Promoters used in plant vectors.
- Genetic engineering of plants for bacteria, fungi, virus, pest, and herbicide resistance.
- Production of antibodies, viral antigens and peptide hormones in plants, biodegradable plastics in plants.
- Applications of secondary metabolites: Isolation and characterization – drug development, Biopesticides, growth regulators, Biofertilizers.
- Value addition via biotransformation.
- Biocatalyst, Bio remediation, Bio fuels, Feed stock Chemicals, Designer Chemicals.
- An introduction to Plant Tissue culture by MK Razdan. M.K. 2003. Oxford & IBH Publishing Co, New Delhi, 2003.
- Plant Biotechnology: An Introduction to Genetic Engineering by Adrian Slater, Nigel W. Scott, Mark R. Fowler. Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology of Plants. Bob Buchanan, Wilhelm Gruissem, Russell Jones. John Wiley & Sons, 2002.
- Molecular Biotechnology by Glick, B.R. and J.J. Pasternak. Second Edition, ASM Press, Washington, 1998.
- Plant tissue culture by Bhojwani. S.S and Razdan. M.K 2004.
- Plant Propagation by Tissue Culture: Volume 1 & 2. EF George. Exegetics Limited, 1999.
- Plant cell culture, A Practical approach, 2nd Edition, Edited by R.A. Dixon and R.A. Gonzales.
- Natural Products: A Laboratory Guide By Raphael Ikan. Academic Press,1991.
- Chemistry of Natural Products by Sujata V. Bhat, Bhimsen A. Nagasampagi, Meenakshi Sivakumar. Birkhäuser, 2005.
- Phytochemical Methods A Guide to Modern Techniques of Plant Analysis By JB Harborne. Springer, 1998.
What Will I Learn?
- CSIR NET LIFE SCIENCES
- SETT EXAM
- PhD. INTERVIEW
Topics for this course
14 Lessons60h 59m
Plant tissue culture
Plant tissue culture: - History, Laboratory organization, Sterilization methods, Media preparation, Plant Growth Regulators,
How wound induces Callus00:00:00
How cytokinin promotes callus formation??00:00:00
IN VITRO CULTURE-100:32:00
BASIC OF PTC00:59:00
HOW CALLUS FORMS??00:00:00
Induction of callus00:00:00
Suspension culture-2 methods00:00:00
TECHNIQUES IN PTC
Counting cell measuring growth etc.
Measuring Growth in Cell Suspension Cultures00:00:00
Techniques of embryo culture-00:00:00
application of embryo culture00:00:00
About the instructor
Professor sheelendra m bhatt is former Research Dy. Director at Sant baba bhag Singh University, PhD approved guide at Punjab technical University and now currently working as Professor and Head of department at Agriculture department at Amritsar group of colleges, Amritsar. Founder of Vidysheel foundation for water conservation and free CSIR education to students of life sciences. Did Phd from Biotechnology department for bioplastic production from PLA, and now currently had published more than 40+ research papers with 3 Patents by Gov. of India. Collaborative research going on with North Dacota University, USA, University of Bali, Indonesia for organic food production by Hydroponics methods also linked with Israil tech. to work with growing various medicinal and non medicinal crops. He established various activity based club for mushroom cultivation, organic forming via hydroponics and now developing technology to convert cellulosic pulp to plastic. He received a Doctoral Degree (PhD) in Biochemical Engineering from I.I.T. Banaras Hindu University, (B.H.U) Varanasi, India in the 2010. He is a graduate in Biology from VBS Purvanchal University, Jaunpur, India in the 1996, and post-graduation in Biotechnology B.H.U. Varanasi, India in 2001. He served as an Assistant Professor for Lovely Professional University, Punjab, India since 2010. As an Assistant Professor, he is a recipient of many awards and grants for his valuable contributions and discoveries in his major area of research. He is the Editor-in-Chief/Editorial Board Member of many peer reviewed journals like Journal of Bioremediation & Biodegradation and Cell Biology International and his area of expertise, as an Assistant Professor credits him with many publications in national and international journals. He is Life Member of “Biotech research Society” BRSI, India Trivandrum. He is committed to highest standards of excellence and it proves through his authorship of many books. recently published 7 book chapter in springer Nature. with 3 patents, 4text books. worked in collaboration with IIT B.H.U, IIT delhi, North dacota University, University of South korea.