CSIR NET JRF LIFE SCIENCES 2021 SYLLABUS
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
Human Resource Development Group
CSIR-UGC (NET) EXAM FOR AWARD OF JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP AND ELIGIBILITY FOR LECTURERSHIP
TIME: 3 HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 200
CSIR-UGC (NET) Exam for Award of Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lecturership shall be a Single Paper Test having Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The question paper is divided in three parts
This part shall carry 20 questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude. The candidates shall be required to answer any 15 questions. Each question shall be of two marks. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 30 out of 200.
This part shall contain 50 Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) generally covering the topics given in the syllabus. A candidate shall be required to answer any 35 questions. Each question shall be of two marks. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 70 out of 200.
This part shall contain 75 questions that are designed to test a candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem. A candidate shall be required to answer any 25 questions. Each question shall be of four marks. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 100 out of 200.
There will be negative marking @25% for each wrong answer.
Model Question Paper is available on HRDG website www.csirhrdg.res.in
CSIR NET Educational Qualification Requirements
- Candidates must have a M.Sc or an equivalent degree / Integrated BS-MS / BS – 4 years / BE / B. Tech / B. Pharma / MBBS.
- For General/ EWS and OBC-NCL candidates, minimum of 55% marks and for SC/ ST/ physically and visually handicapped candidates, a minimum of 50% marks is required in this degree.
- Those enrolled for M.Sc or those who have completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
- B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or candidates enrolled in the Integrated MS-PhD program can apply as well.
- Such applicants need a minimum 55% marks (for general and OBC-NCL) and 50% marks for SC / ST, physically and visually handicapped candidates.
- Those with a bachelor’s degree must be registered/enrolled for Ph.D./ Integrated Ph.D. program to be eligible for CSIR.
- Ph.D. degree holders, who have passed Master’s degree before September 19, 1991, with minimum 50% marks, are eligible to apply for the only Lectureship.
CSIR NET Age Limit and Relaxation
- For Junior Research Fellowship: Candidates should not have attained 28 years of age as on July 1, 2021.
- Lectureship: There is no upper age limit for Assistant Professorship.
- The upper age limit can be relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically or Visually handicapped and female candidates and 3 years for OBC-Non Creamy Layer candidates
CSIR NET Application Form
How to Apply for CSIR UGC NET 2021?
As per the latest official notice released by CSIR, there is no need to upload the documents like Category Certificate, Result awaited attestation form and other documents while submitting the online application form. However, uploading the scanned copy of photograph and signature is still mandatory and without that application form will be considered incomplete.