Advertisement for JRF/SRF/RA under “SSS-NIBE Bioenergy Promotion Fellowship” Programme
Qualification in Details:
Advertisement No. 348-26/14/2020-R and D
Sardar Swaran Singh National Institute of Bio-Energy, an autonomous Institute of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has initiated ’SSS-NIBE Bioenergy Promotion Fellowship’ to promote research activities in bioenergy and to attract competent researchers in this field. Applications in prescribed Performa are invited from eligible candidates for 9 posts of JRF/SRF/RA in the field of Bioenergy.
A. Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
1. Essential Qualifications: Post Graduate (PG) Degree in Basic Sciences and NET/GATE qualified OR Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Professional Courses selected through a process described through any one of the followings:
a. Scholar who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIR/UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE
b. The selection process through National Level examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies & Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
2. Age Limit: The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years, which is relaxed upto 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to Schedule Castes/Schedule Tribes, Women, Physically Handicapped and OBC applicants as per Govt. of India rules & regulations.
3. Tenure: JRF will be tenable initially for a period of two years. After completion of two years, an external assessment by the institute and PhD enrollment are mandatory for upgradation from JRF to SRF. The term is extendable for one more year on the basis of assessment of the progress made through publication and if not awarded the SRF. The combined tenure of JRF & SRF will not exceed more than five years.
B. Senior Research Fellow (SRF):
1. Essential Qualifications: Qualification as prescribed for JRF + 2 years of research experience
2. Age Limit: The upper age limit for SRF shall be 32 years, which is relaxed upto 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to Schedule Castes/Schedule Tribes, Women, Physically Handicapped and OBC applicants.
3. Tenure: SRF will be given for a period of three years, which is extendable for one more year on the basis of assessment of the progress made through publications. Annual Satisfactory Assessment is mandatory to continue for the benefits during SRF period.
C. Research Associate (RA)
1. Essential Qualifications: PhD/MS or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after ME/MTech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
2. Age Limit: The upper age limit for RA shall be 35 years, which is relaxed upto 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to Schedule Castes/Schedule Tribes, Women, Physically Handicapped and OBC applicants.
3. Tenure: RA will be given for a period of three years, which is extendable for one more year on the basis of assessment of the progress made through publications. Annual Satisfactory Assessment is mandatory to continue for the benefits during RA period.
1. Junior research fellow: Rs.31,000 per month
2. Senior research fellow : Rs.35,000 per month
3. Research Associate – I: Rs 47,000 per month
*For highly qualified and experienced candidate, the emolument
Junior Research Fellow: The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years.Senior Research Fellow: The upper age limit for SRF shall be 32 years,Research Associate: The upper age limit for RA shall be 35 years.
1. Selection: Selection of the fellows would be strictly based on merit and through open advertisement. Only online application will be considered under this call. A committee under the Chairmanship of the Director General, SSS-NIBE having subject expert will assess the applicants through personal interview. Successful applicants will be communicated as per procedure.
2. Performance Review: The performance of the fellow will be reviewed through an appropriate review committee (three members) constituted by the Director General, SSS-NIBE before extending the tenure as per DST norms.
3. DA: JRF/SRF are not entitled for DA
4. House Rent Allowance (HRA): All research fellows may be provided hostel accommodation wherever available and those residing in accommodation provided by the Institute will not be eligible for drawing HRA. Wherever provision of hostel accommodation is not possible, HRA may be allowed to all the above categories viz., JRF, SRF & RA as per Central Government norms applicable for Kapurthala. The fellowship amount may be taken as basic for calculating the HRA.
5. Medical Benefits: The research fellows (JR /SRF/RA) will be entitled for medical allowances as applicable in the Institute. Medical Allowances will be limited to Fellow only and not for his/her family members/dependents and as per DST norms.
6. Leave and other entitlement benefits The JRF/SRF/RA are eligible only for casual leave. During the first year of Fellowship or any uncompleted year, leave may be granted on pro-rata basis. In case a Fellow proceeds on leave before termination of Fellowship, he/she must join back before the expiry of tenure; failing which the tenure will be deemed to have terminated with effect from the date he/she proceeded on leave. The date of joining back from leave should be communicated to SSS-NIBE immediately.
7. Travel Entitlement: Participation of any of these ca egories (JRF/SRF/RA) in any scientific event/workshops in India or abroad will be treated as “on duty” and subject to prior approval of competent authority well in advance. The travel entitlement for JRF/SRF/RA for participation in scientific events/ workshops in India will be 2nd AC by rail. Maternity leave as per Govt. of India instructions
issued from time to time would be available to female candidates in all categories.
8. Bonus and Leave Travel Concession: JRF/SRF/RAs will not be entitled to these allowances
9. Retirement Benefits: JRF/SRF/RA will not be entitled to these benefits.
10. Publication/Patent: The results of JRF/SRF/RA research work may be published in standard refereed journals with the concurrence of Fellow or his Supervisor. It should be ensured by the fellow that the assistance provided by the Funding Agency /Institution of Government of India is acknowledged in all such publications and one copy of the published research papers should be sent to SSS-NIBE for Intimation.
11. Patent: The commercial exploitation of the results and ownership of patent rights pertaining to investigations concerning the intellectual work of the SSSNIBE research fellows/associates will be as follows:
a. SSS-NIBE at its own cost may seek the patent rights and/or commercial exploitation of the results of the intellectual work of the fellow and all right would vest exclusively with SSS-NIBE.
b. All matters concerning ownership of IP and its licensing/exploitation would be governed by the IP policy defined by the MNRE/SSS-NIBE.
12. Encouragement for pursuing higher degree: Students selected as JRF/SRF may be encouraged to register for higher degrees.
13. Obligations ofJRF/SRF/RA:
a. He/ She shall be governed by the disciplinary regulations of the Institute.
b. The JRF/SRF/RA must send a detailed consolidated report of the research work done during the entire period of Fellowship on completion of the tenure/resignation of the Fellowship.
14. Date of Effect. The revision in emoluments and rules come into effect from notification from DST and the approval of Governing Council of the Institute.
The candidates should carefully read these instructions before submitting their application:
1. Only bonafide Indian citizens, residing in India are eligible for the award of Research Fellowship.
2. The candidate must furnish about 500 words abstract of the R&D works he/she plans to pursue at the Institute on the research topics proposed in the advertisement.
3. Misrepresentation or hiding of facts, canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification/termination. No interim enquiries will be attended by the Institute.
4. The decision of Competent Authority, SSS-NIBE on all matters related to posts, selection, recommendation etc. shall be final and the number of posts, with respect to positions of JRF/SRF/RA, may be increased or decreased, as per requirement in the Institute. Any correspondence in this matter will not be entertained.
5. The selected candidates have the bindings at the Institute only.
6. The upper age limit is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH and OBC (NCL) applicants as per Govt. of India rules and regulations. Physically handicapped candidates should produce the medical certificate issued from the Govt. Hospital / medical board as the case may be in support of his/her claims.
7. The application must be upload scanned copy of curriculum vitae (CV), brief proposal on the research topic, self-attested copies of certificates / mark sheets/testimonials together with their best publication and a passport size photograph on Online application portal.
8. Applicants must apply at online portal. No hard copies will be accepted this time. The link of for the online application is available on the institute website (www.nibe.res.in). Application received via email will not be accepted.
9. External Candidate can apply for only one post. Internal candidate(s) are not eligible to apply for the current posts.
10.TA/DA or any claim whatsoever will not be reimbursed/paid to candidate to attend the written test/presentation/interview.
11.All disputes on the subject matter will be within the jurisdiction of courts at Kapurthala, Punjab.
12.The date of the written test/presentation/interview will be intimated to the candidate by e-mail only. So candidates are instructed to mention their e-mail id/id’s carefully in the application form
Selection of the fellows would be strictly based on merit and through open advertisement. Only online applications will be considered under this call. A committee under the Chairmanship of the Director General, SSS-NIBE having subject expert will assess the applicants through personal interview. Successful applicants will be communicated as per the procedure.
The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions should apply online (link available at SSS-NIBE website www.nibe.res.in). For any issue during the online submission, the candidate may contact at email ID email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org. However, no application will be accepted via email. The last date of application would be 21 days from the publication of advertisement in Employment News.